Penis papercut

Hello Dr. Bob,

I love the work you're doing, once I have the resources a donation is certainly warranted.(Hey, textbooks are expensive!).

About four weeks ago I received unprotected oral sex from a street prostitute. I panicked afterward and only waited 8 days for my testing to be done on practically every STD and HIV. Everything came out negative.

This may sound silly, but two weeks prior to the incident I received a paper cut on the tip of my penis. My penis was hanging out the boxer hole while I was studying (grad student) and I laid the textbook down at the wrong time and angle. There was a little redness, but not drawn blood.

My questions:

1) Would this penis papercut have healed already or been a factor in obtaining HIV?

2)It's been a month now, how accurate would a new PCR test be?

3) What was my relative risk of infection assuming that this prostitute was HIV positive and the papercut WAS healed?

I love you.

A paper cut on the tip of your penis??? OUCHAMAGOUCHA! Does your tallywhacker routinely hang out while you study??? If I studied that way, I'm sure I'd get distracted, not to mention all the other people in the library around me.

1. I would presume it would be completely healed within two weeks and not increase the risk of HIV transmission.

2. I don't recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, other technical considerations and cost.

3. The estimated per-act risk for unprotected insertive oral sex with an HIV poz partner is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures.

Love you too, dude.

6months till 6years hiv testing. Anoher incident pls help
Hey Doc