|Hi Doctor Bob
Jun 17, 2007
I have ask 2 diffrent question at 2 diffrent times, But I never get a responce. Is there a reason? Did I upset someone at The Body by asking my question? If so could you please let me know. That way I will stop asking questions. I just found out in Sept 2006 that I am HIV positive and I am still learning about HIV through reading etc.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Upset? Nah, it takes a lot to get us upset. The reality is that I receive thousands of questions on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber universe. Unfortunately I can only respond to a small fraction of them. Why? Well, do the arithmetic. There are billions of you and only one of me. Honey, believe me, I'm typing as fast as I can.
Let me make several quick points about your post:
1. Since you are confirmed to be HIV positive already, are you certain you are posting your queries to the proper forum? This forum deals with safer sex/HIV prevention.
2. Often we skip over questions that we've already addressed in detail previously. Have you searched the archives for the information you desire?
3. All HIV-positive folks should be under the care of an HIV specialist. That specialist should be ready, willing and able to address any and all of your concerns.
4. Since you are relatively newly diagnosed and still learning about HIV, I would encourage you to peruse the basic information that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links." There you will find sections including "Just Diagnosed," "HIV Testing Basics" and "HIV Medications" among others.
5. Finally, if after availing yourself of the wealth of information on this site and searching the archives for your specific concerns, you still have a specific unanswered question not adequately addressed by your HIV specialist, I would encourage you to resubmit your question. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Mouth Sores And Rapid Weight Loss A Sing Of Chemotherapy Treatment Or A Sign Of Hiv Aids?
- How Long Does Testosterone Take To Work?
- Vitamin B12 And Hiv
- Does Having The Flu Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Human Papillomavirus Contagious?
- Blood Transfusion How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.