Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

No George Cross Medal but WOOHOO
Jun 15, 2007

Dr Bob,

Hope you are well, I dont know if you remember me but I am the guy who drunkly had protected sex and unprotected oral with a drug using prostitute [John UK London].

Following your advice [Minimal risk, remain confident I would be cartwheeling around Picadilly Circus], I stupidly went into shutdown mode and hesitated having a test. My mind worked over time thinking of the possible ways I contracted the virus. I am so embarrassed to admit this as I think its disrespectful to the 40 million people virally enhanced, who are positive with life. But I was scared of having the virus and how I would deal with this.

I would visit your forum and that of Dr Handsfield [Medhelp] daily to reassure myself that I was at minimal risk. Thinking possibly you guys would have something different to say on unprotected oral and symptoms etc.

I went to the dentist and was diagnosed with oral Candia, I also got thrush on my genitals. I would feel weak and tired at times constantly checking my lymph nodes to diagonise any swelling, this list is no way exhaustive.

After months of deliberation, I was back to square one. The only true way to know is to have a test! Convinced I was positive, It was time to do something about it. I was holding on to the fact that it might be negative in my mind and did not want to lose that by having the positive result confirmed.

After the above events this was not the easiest thing to do, I was scared. I realised this was no way to live your life, constantly trying to self evaluative my negative-positive status.

Well, today after months of hell, I was confirmed HIV negative! [Obviously down to the good luck Karma Id been carrying round for months!] WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

However, I still diagnosed myself Positive with the Idiot virus!

I wanted to share this with you as my fears were eased and courage was found by your humorous, creative, strong words.

Thank you!

This is not the last you have heard from me [Still got to get you that medal from the Queen!]

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I thought I heard something on the BBC about a cartwheeling WOO-HOOer in Piccadilly Circus. Congratulations, even if they are a bit belated!

Thanks for your kind comments and for writing in to share your story of being self diagnosed positive with the idiot virus.

If you can't snag me an audience at Buckingham Palace with the Royal Hat Lady, how about arranging lunch with Helen Mirren? (She was brilliant in "The Queen.")

Stay well, John. I'm sure you will.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Milions spent and no cure
Next
why you are not on the wikipedia?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.