Just a quick follow up Doc

I recently asked a question below about a potential risky encounter and symptoms, I just learned yesterday that this individual participates in barebacking, based on his risk history, do you think that a six month test is necessary?

WAHOOOO! Just got my rapid oral HIV test back about 87 days after the exposure below, just wanted to tell you its negative! You don't know how much you helped me over the past three months, it was because of you I kept my sanity

I will continue to donate to your foundation annually, just let me know anything I can do to help!

Just Wanted to Say Thank You Mar 17, 2007

I've sent you several questions over the past few weeks, all to no response :-) Thats ok!, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the work you do. You do not realize with all the information out there, especially the dire predicitons that HIV is lurking around every dark corner, your realistic assessments of risk and safe fun has really been informational, funny, and practical.

At the age of 17 I first explored gay sex and made some significant mistakes (insertive and receptive unprotected anal intercourse). All because I had no idea how to protect myself, or what the risks of HIV were. Thanks to you I have learned a ton, established my risk boundries and have stuck to them. I want to thank you for that so much. My donation is dedicated directly to you, I only wish that I could live a life as full and wonderful as yours, even when dealing with so many challeneges (Like Dr. Steve after a long day! :o) ) God Bless you.

I'm currently going through a scary time right now, I had sex with a man I met off the internet for one night, (protected anal unprotected oral no ejaculation for either) and ironcially developed a strep throat a week later. The similarities (even if you call me crazy) were unnerving white tongue, rash one day, sore throat for three weeks. I'm in the middle of the window period trying to peek out at the end of the tunnel, but giving you the donation today really made my day.

Put it to good use! I'm sure you will!

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted you've found the information on this forum helpful.

Regarding your current "scary time," try not to worry too much. If the condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk would be reduced to unprotected oral sex without ejaculation. This carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. If your strep throat is indeed "strep" (caused by the streptococcus bacterium), you shouldn't even be worrying about HIV! HIV (virus) and strep (bacteria) are two very different and completely unrelated germs!

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. (By the way so far my good-luck karma has never failed!!!) I very strongly suspect your result will indeed be negative.

Finally, as for taking care of Dr. Steve after a long day, I would call that much more of a pleasure than a challenge.

Be well!

My assessment of your risk and validity of your negative three-month HIV test remain unchanged. Your WOO-HOO remains Dr. Bob-certified. If you want to take a six-month test to put your residual fears permanently to rest, go ahead. I don't feel it's warranted or necessary medically, but if it helps psychology, fine. The results will undoubtedly be negative. You already have my good-luck/good-health karma onboard!

Be well. Stay well. You are indeed well!

Tulsa doctor who has developed an AIDS cure from goat serum?
Caring Testing Locations