Tulsa doctor who has developed an AIDS cure from goat serum?

Dr Bob,

I mentioned this doctor in a previous question. Have you heard any additional information on this potential cure? Based on the credibility of the doctor and the documented story of the young girl who took the serum, I'm keeping an open mind until medical science proves otherwise.

<i>[Editor's note: You can read about the story this person is referring to by reading <a href="http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost/access/52491257.html?dids=52491257:52491257&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&fmac=&date=Apr+9%2C+2000&author=Lisa+Frazier&desc=The+Goat+Doctor" target=_blank>this </i>Washington Post<i> article</a>.]</i>

Anonymous

The "credibility of the doctor?" What??? "Documented story of the young girl"?????? Hmmm . . . now what did I tell you last time about Fox News???

Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous, this goat serum cure for HIV/AIDS is as dead as dial-up! Keeping an open mind is one thing, but don't let your brains (and common sense) fall out! Dr. Davis, who dreamed up this concoction, in reality did indeed "dream it up!" He apparently thinks God gave him the secret formula!

Reports indicate that one night in 1994 he dreamed he saw himself sticking a goat with a needle, drawing its blood. He claims when he awoke the next morning he had new insights into HIV. The claims that goat serum cures AIDS are completely unfounded. It's as effective as a monkey spit and pomegranate juice cocktail. Think about it, Dearie. If the Billy goat goop really worked, do you really think I, Magic Johnson and 40,000,000 other HIVers would still be struggling with the challenges of living with HIV???

Healthcare in the Bible Belt Conclusion Oct 19, 2005

Dr. Bob,

I finally got the nerve to go see a doctor. I drove three hours to a nearby city for privacy. It was all painless like you said, except the Rocephin shot in the. You were right about not self diagnosing. My symptoms of Syphilis turned out to be a severe staph infection.

Thank you for all the hard work your doing in regards to educating people about HIV. Your website is one of the few HIV sites that I've come across where you can get pure factual information that is not clouded or skewed by personal agendas. I think telling unfactual information such as HIV can pass through latex condoms in an effort to promote a certain lifestyle is morally wrong. Dosen't the Bible say lying is a sin just like immorality??? I say this as a Christian and George Bush W. Bush supporter.

Have you heard anything about the African-American doctor in Oklahoma who has supposedly discovered a cure for HIV from serum taken from a goat? I heard the story on Fox News and several other media outlets.

Anonymous

Hi Anonymous,

You drove three hours to a nearby city??? Hmmm . . . one wonders how long you'd have to drive if the city wasn't nearby!

I'm glad you found my advice helpful and have been treated. I absolutely agree with you that lying about condom efficacy is reprehensible, dangerous and immoral.

An Oklahoma doctor discovered the cure for HIV from serum taken from a goat??? Hmmm . . . I wonder how I missed that story. Oh, you heard it on Fox News! That explains it! I only watch that program for comic relief. Fair and balanced strikes again!

Anonymous, since you are now becoming a fan of "pure factual information that is not clouded or skewed by personal agendas," can I make a few suggestions?

1. Turn off Fox News.

2. Reconsider your support for "George Bush W. Bush," (as you call him).

HIV Cure? What is the Goat Serum? Aug 30, 2000

A doctor from Tulsa, OK is administering a goat serum which is supposed to be a cure for HIV. What studies have been done? What do you know about this? It costs $50,000 -- is this the scam of the century or what?

Response from Dr. Stryker

Not aware of any serious studies of "goat serum" as a treatment for HIV. And it is certainly no cure; any such claims should be viewed with extreme scepticism. The price tag is another red flag...

Unfortunately, promises of HIV cures and unproven treatments are easy to find; let the buyer beware. When evaluating experimental treatments for HIV, find out what you can about any previous animal and /or human studies. Results should have been presented at one of the many HIV conferences, or published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal. Find out who is making money on the treatment. At least with the large pharmaceutical companies, things are generally above-board, strictly monitored by regulatory bodies like the FDA, and any claims of efficacy have to be backed up by fact. It is an imperfect system, but it is the one we are stuck with for now! It beats the heck out of relying on anecdotal info from unscrupulous individuals who prey on people with life-threatening illnesses. RAS

Rick Stryker, M.D., M.P.H.

HEP or HIV from Colonoscapy----LETTER RECEIVED
Just a quick follow up Doc