Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Christian who Speaks Truth to Power
Jun 15, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob,

Thanks so much for the endless insight and advice you give to us on a daily basis. It really does provide comfort to many who are going insane with worry. Anyway, sometimes I simply return to your site to read over your very funny (and wise) answers. I notice that you are often critical of President Bush and other so-called conservative Christians who seem to think preventing sex outside of marriage is more important than providing people around the world with proper sex education along with safe and effective HIV prevention tools. I understand why many (including yourself) are rather jaded with the right-wing political and moral agenda. I just wanted to let you know that I consider myself a faithful Christian and I can honestly say that many of my peers in our faith community do not agree at all with the right-wing Christian agenda. Jerry Falwell and his followers do not speak for all of us in the Christian community. I am a Christian, and I do not believe homosexuality is immoral. I do not believe science has to be at odds with religion. I do not believe the world is divided into good and evil based on nationality. I just wanted to let you know that there are many in our community that do not share the beliefs of those who advertise our faith in ways that are anything but Christ-like. A living example of a faithful Christian servant who actually speaks truth to power is Jimmy Carter...if you haven't read his book, Our Endangered Values, you should check it out...it's really a breath of fresh air in this intolerant social and political climate. Thanks for all of your hard, inspired work.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your comment! I'm hopeful that common sense and compassion, both of which your comments clearly demonstrate, will win out over dogma.

As for Jerry Falwell, he his now deceased. My dear grandmother always said we must speak good of the dead. So I say, "Jerry Falwell is dead. Good!"

Dr. Bob

Previous
Scared of HIV or HEP B C transmission
Next
DR. BOB HELP "BERLIN" PLEASE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.