A Christian who Speaks Truth to Power

Hi Dr. Bob,

Thanks so much for the endless insight and advice you give to us on a daily basis. It really does provide comfort to many who are going insane with worry. Anyway, sometimes I simply return to your site to read over your very funny (and wise) answers. I notice that you are often critical of President Bush and other so-called conservative Christians who seem to think preventing sex outside of marriage is more important than providing people around the world with proper sex education along with safe and effective HIV prevention tools. I understand why many (including yourself) are rather jaded with the right-wing political and moral agenda. I just wanted to let you know that I consider myself a faithful Christian and I can honestly say that many of my peers in our faith community do not agree at all with the right-wing Christian agenda. Jerry Falwell and his followers do not speak for all of us in the Christian community. I am a Christian, and I do not believe homosexuality is immoral. I do not believe science has to be at odds with religion. I do not believe the world is divided into good and evil based on nationality. I just wanted to let you know that there are many in our community that do not share the beliefs of those who advertise our faith in ways that are anything but Christ-like. A living example of a faithful Christian servant who actually speaks truth to power is Jimmy Carter...if you haven't read his book, Our Endangered Values, you should check it out...it's really a breath of fresh air in this intolerant social and political climate. Thanks for all of your hard, inspired work.

Thanks for your comment! I'm hopeful that common sense and compassion, both of which your comments clearly demonstrate, will win out over dogma.

As for Jerry Falwell, he his now deceased. My dear grandmother always said we must speak good of the dead. So I say, "Jerry Falwell is dead. Good!"

Scared of HIV or HEP B C transmission
DR. BOB HELP "BERLIN" PLEASE