Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scared of HIV or HEP B C transmission
Jun 15, 2007

Hi my name is Peter Approx 5-6 months ago i had protected intercourse and unprotected oral with an asian sex worker.

I had blood tests carried out at 19-20 weeks post exposure (4 1/2 months) My results were as follows;

HIV Negative Hep A Immune Hep B Never had virus but not immune Hep C Negative

Can i put this episode behind me forever after these negative tests? The clinic i went to don't normally test for Hep C as its not normally sexually transmitted, but they were carrying out a HEP C research study at them time so i got it done.

Also, can you get HIV or Hep B or C through casual contact such as a Handjob or Sucking a womens breasts?

I would really appreciate your comments. Thanks Peter

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Peter,

Great news! You are definitively HIV negative. In addition you do not have hepatitis A, B or C. Your tests indicate you are "immune" to hepatitis A, which means you either had it in the past and it resolved or that you received the hepatitis A vaccine and are now immune. As for hepatitis B and C, you are not infected, nor have you ever been exposed. There is a vaccine available for hepatitis B that can offer you protection from ever contracting the virus. I'd suggest you get vaccinated for hepatitis B. There is no vaccine protection for hepatitis C yet, but you are correct it is not routinely considered to be a sexually transmitted disease.

Handjobs and boob sucking are not considered risks for HIV, hepatitis B or hepatitis C, unless blood is involved.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Test money donation
Next
A Christian who Speaks Truth to Power

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.