concerned, not ashamed

Hey man, hows it going?

I have been lucky enough to have had your reply on 5 occassions now over the last 2 years since my exposure - genuinely, you have helped me find a rational and helped shape my frame of mind and outlook.

Like many, I have difficulty accepting the result so long as percevied symptoms are ongoing i.e. i am the penis rash guy - but I'm dealing with it.

My point is this - and its aimed at the participants of this site of which I am one - please please wake up, HIV is not something to be ashamed of. It is not something to be threatening to top yourself over and it is definately not the end of your life.

The sooner we overcome some of the prejuduces that still exsist the better for all.

Bob, hopefully, this is my final email to you. You dont have my sympathy, you have my complete respect. All power to you and long may your torch shine.

PS, cant resist, can you explain the relation between candidiasis and HIV. I've been for 3 tests in the UK up to 20 months all negative but every time I go to a doctor here in Saudi with my penis rash they want to send me straight for an HIV test?

On a final note, your recent answers have been quality.

Take care and drink only the good reds.

Au revoir.

(donation to follow)

Readers please note

Thanks for your comments and respect. Gosh, now that you've alerted folks to the fact I've responded to your questions on five occasions over the past two years, I can see a flood of angry posts coming my way from anxious questioners complaining I haven't even answered one of their gazillion questions! Oh well, hopefully some of these folks will discover the archives and realize the information or reassurance they desire is there waiting for their double click!

Regarding candidiasis, this is an extremely common fungal infection caused by any of the Candida species of which Candida albicans is the most common. As for its relationship to HIV, the vast majority of cases of candidiasis have absolutely nothing to do with HIV! Candidiasis, for example, is the second most common cause of "vaginal yeast infections." Similarly it frequently affects the male genitalia.

In folks who are immunocompromised or immunodeficient from any cause (cancer, HIV/AIDS, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, etc.), candidiasis can affect the esophagus or even become systemic, whereby the fungus gets into the blood (fungemia).

In your case, your genital Candida infection has nothing to do with HIV. It should be managed by a dermatologist.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. I'll toast your good health with a fine red!

donation
purina cat chow