CDC has me in a nervous wreck

Dear Dr Bob, Firstly thank you very much for the service you provide without being judgemental:)

Ok here is my story Went to a massage parlor....no sex... got into shower with the woman...fingered her vagina ...got some vaginal fluids on my fingers and then accidentally touched my penis with the the same hand.... I got worried and called the NY state hotline for HIV and the counsellor told me the risk is same as having unprotected vaginal sex....I am stunned ....I have always practiced safe sex and did not think this was a risk....doctor I really trust your opinion please tell me am I at risk from this incident.?...should I get tested...? I always thought vaginal, oral and anal sex were only means of HIV transmission

Doc I made contribution to your foundation last year and will do so again this year....please help....yours faithfully

The hotline told you fingering a vagina in a shower and then touching your Mr. Happy bore the same HIV-transmission risk as unprotected vaginal sex???? And just who was on the other end of that hotline giving this advice, Sister Missionary Position??? I certainly do not agree with this risk assessment whatsoever! In fact I'd put your risk in the "so remote as to be negligible" category. If you remain worried, get a rapid test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative, but it may be the most efficient way to put any residual hotline-induced fears permanently to rest. Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay well!

Broadening my horizons?
**UPDATE** HIV DNA PCR