Jun 13, 2007
Dear Mr. Frascino, I have had some blood tests done to confirm if i have suffered from mumps. My question is: would they also see in those same tests if i have the VIH? I dont know if you see all viral illnesses in this kind of test. Thank you very much in advance
| Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV (VIH) testing requires a very specific test. Screening for immunity to mumps would not provide any information about HIV status. You can read more about HIV tests in the section titled "HIV Testing Basics" that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under Quick Links.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.