Cherry Angioma and risk of HIV transmission

Hi Doc,

Does skin with Cherry Angioma poses a risk for HIV transmission if exposed to semen?

In an incidence a guy ejaculated on my stomach. Later I realized that i have a dot of Cherry Angioma on my stomach. Since then I can't stop thinking about it. What if while taking a shower I scratched it with loofah and then exposed it to semen.

Should I get tested? Should the skin with Cherry Angioma be avoided contact with semen?

Dilly

P.S. Is it possible to specify while donating to your foundation to use the donation for a particular program (e.g. children with HIV) offered by your foundation?

Hello Dilly,

Don't be silly, Dilly. A cherry angioma does not increase the risk of HIV transmission if exposed to spunk. No testing is warranted.

As for directing your donation to a specific program, sure, no problem. Just include a note (or e-mail) with your tax-deductible gift and we'll make sure your donation is used in the way you desire.

Stay well, Dilly!

Massachusettsian's followup
A new vaccine?