old condom(could be expired)

Hi Bob, First of all I would like to donate some money to your foundation. I will do it as soon as I can.You have been doing a fantastic job. Coming to my issue, I had protected virginal and oral sex with an escort about 2 months ago. The condom which used during this intercourse was old which I found in my cars dashboard. I think it is a year old condom and could be expired but i am not sure. During the sex, condom didnt break or slip off. After 6 weeks I took standard HIV test and PCR DNA test. Both came out negative. After 7 weeks I tool PCR RNA test and it came negative. I have following questions: 1. How risky and what are the chances of getting HIV? 2 How conclusive and definite are these test results?

Thanks in advance. rozin

Hello Rozin,

"Virginal" sex with an escort??? Hmmm . . . apparently she hasn't been an escort for very long. Eh?

1. Assuming the latex condom didn't break and was used properly, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent.

2. A six-week negative antibody test is encouraging, but not definitive. You'll need a three-month HIV-antibody test for a definitive result. I don't recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, other technical considerations and cost. (You can read more about this in the archives.) That your PCR-DNA and PCR-RNA were both negative is, of course, encouraging, but these tests are not recommended for routine screening.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test remains negative (as I'm confident it indeed will!).

test au bout de 13 semaines ...
SOMETHING