Jun 10, 2007
Dear, i just had my blood test done. On the STD screen, i wonder, y there is only VDRL result and it's non-reactive. Does is mean tat it's safe from hiv? It has been bothering me lately
Response from Dr. Frascino
VDRL is a screening test for syphilis and is included in many STD (sexually transmitted diseases) screens. It, however, has nothing to do with screening for HIV. HIV screening requires an HIV-specific test. You can read more about HIV tests and STD screens in the archives of the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Rubbing Penis
- Risk Of Masturbation With Saliva
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.