please answer my question, i made a donation please please please

I'm a 22 years old male, i had oral sex with another male. two weeks later, i had a fever, muscle ache and constipation. two weeks later, I work up with a lower stomach pain, diarrhea, fever, and muscle ache. after 7 days, I had a stiff neck, ear pain, diarrhea, a stuffy nose, a white tongue. I'm so scared I got HIV. I got tested on May 8th, and I was negative. Please help me out doctor, I beg you please, I was very close to kill myself. I'm so worried, please help me, please.

Generally speaking, I tend not to answer questions from anxious wrecks threatening to kill themselves because they are worried about HIV infection from a low-risk exposure. I find these comments somewhat insensitive. You do realize I am HIV positive, don't you? I live with the challenges of the virus every day and I volunteer my time and energy to help others in need. You, on the other hand, are "very close" to killing yourself because you had oral sex (a very low risk potential exposure), developed some nonspecific "symptoms" and had a negative HIV test in May 8th. Hmmm . . . can you see why these types of questions are a bit like fingernails on the blackboard to me? If I had committed hara-kiri when I was exposed or even when I seroconverted to HIV positive 16.5 years ago, I would not be here now to respond to your overly anxious questions.

I'll be brief:

1. Oral sex carries an extremely minimal risk for HIV transmission.

2. "Symptoms" do not equal HIV disease. In fact, "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is or is not infected.

3. I don't know exactly when your oral sex-capade occurred, but it appears from your question it was at least five weeks prior to your May 8th negative test. This negative test result would be extremely encouraging, but not conclusive.

4. I recommend you get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV. Read through the archives of this forum, particularly the sections on oral sex and HIV transmission. The information and testimonials there should be reassuring.

5. Finally, I suggest you give some thought to the value of life. It's a gift that you should not be so ready to discard.

Pillow humping
HPV Vaccine