Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ok so
Jun 10, 2007

ok so im 16 and sos my bf and i know we both want to have sex but i dont want to make the first moe and i know he wont. what to do?

maddi

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Maddi,

You have a 16-year-old boyfriend, you both want to have sex and he's not making any moves??? Hmmm . . . that's a bit odd. Several things come to mind. Perhaps he doesn't know how to get the party started. Is he a graduate of an "abstinence-only" sex education program? If so, he probably doesn't know much about sex at all, including how to protect against unwanted pregnancy and STDs. The key to good and safe sex is communication. If you both feel you are ready and understand the consequences of having sex, it's time to talk about it! That discussion must include safer sex, the use of latex condoms and water-based lube, avoiding unwanted pregnancy and STDs, etc. We all only have one "first time" (first time for sex and/or first time with a new partner) so make sure it's not a disaster by being prepared.

(Finally, Maddi, you don't have to worry about "making the first moe" he was made by God long ago and generally the term gay is preferred these days, OK? Typos can be so entertaining in this forum!)

Good luck! Stay safe. Stay well. Be informed. Be prepared!

Dr. Bob

Previous
condom broke,how great is the risk?
Next
You have passed me up TOO MANY TIMES!!!!!!!! YOU GOTTA READ THIS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.