The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

damage from rape

Jun 5, 2007

please please help me. i am 15 years old and my uncle raped me by putting his **** up my back passage. it happened 2 days ago and it really really hurts. i am still bleeding occasionally and have so much pain i feel like i will pas out. i cant get help because he will kill himself if anyone finds out. how can i check if i am ok. what damage could he have caused. please helpi i am really scared. DONT TELL ANYONE PLEASE

Response from Dr. Frascino


I won't tell anyone, but you must. What your uncle did was very wrong and your fears (or his claims) that he will kill himself if anyone finds out must not keep you from reporting what happened. Chances are your uncle has psychological problems for which he needs help. Plus, you may have medical problems and other consequences from this incident. Can you confide in parents? A teacher at school? A clergyman? A doctor? If not, can you get to a local urgent care center or hospital emergency room? Try not to be afraid. You did nothing wrong, but not telling what happened to you would indeed be a serious mistake. If it will help, just print out a copy of this question and my response and give it to a doctor. He or she will help. I promise. It's the right thing to do.

Dr. Bob

How do I ask him why his sexual beahvior towards me has changed?
RN Student Exposure Concern

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint