Are you alright?- Concerned, From India

Dr.Bob

this is A from India!

I hope you are in extreme good health and doing just fine... I was concerned because i did not find any posts by you after 23 May...its been over a week, now!!

I mean, you inform people here if you wont be able to answer questions due to personal/medical commitments...Anyway, i am sure god must be taking good care of you, cause he knows people like you have the power and will to change the world.Moreover, you are a humble,gentle, and a beautiful human being, who has fought the virus with immense strength and led by example...I just love the way you are...You rock!!:)

My question is, I am a teenager, though not as handsome as you are, however, you know, i have that "girls appetite" :)

Is it advisable to test after each episode, even if you are protected with condoms and they did not fail?

I mean if i continue to take care and use them all the while, should i be tested?

Thanx a ton...god bless you and KEEP smiling, gives alot of people a ray of hope and strength ...

Your number 1 fan...

Hey Number 1 Fan,

I was "out of pocket" for a week due to my travel and lecture schedule. I had planned to sign on and answer questions while en route, but as they say, best laid plans . . . . At any rate, I'm back (but getting on another plane on Wednesday, so don't worry, OK?!?).

Regarding your question, HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. So if a latex condom is used properly and doesn't fail, the HIV risk should be nonexistent. Should you be tested after every sexual episode? No, I don't believe that's necessary. Most guidelines would suggest that sexually active folks with multiple partners get an STD/HIV screen every six months. That seems reasonable to me.

Stay safe! Stay well.

Searched Archives...Can't find woman to woman transmission
Hello from an ex-Worried Well