Gardasil

I read your posting for May 11 regarding this.

What are the factors you consider as to whether men (particularly healthy, HIV+ men) should get Gardasil treatment?

I just received my first shot the other day, and intend to finish the last 2 (2 months, then 6 months).

I do not see the downside of being immunized against this.

Can you please clarify, etc.

Thank you.

There are two potential downsides that immediately come to mind:

1. Cost. These are very expensive vaccines.

2. Safety and efficacy clinical trials of the vaccine in men have not been completed. A study is underway in gay men to determine if Gardasil will protect them from certain types of cancer.

As you are undoubtedly aware, the vaccine is approved (so far) only for girls 9 to 26 years of age. The CDC recommends routine vaccination for girls 11 to 12 years of age, before they become sexually active. A number of gay men, both HIV positive and negative, are lining up to get vaccinated; however, at this point there are no specific guidelines or recommendations to follow as Gardasil has not yet been approved for use in men. Stay tuned; I'll keep you posted as this story unfolds.

when passing stool, no stool, only blood. please help !
Oral exposure with sex worker *Karma Needed*