Urgent Question: $100 donation coming

Dear Dr. Robert,

I am very worried and please help.

I recently had upset stomach. I took about 8 Pepto Bismo for the first time. I went to the doctor and he found part of my tounge dark and it came of after brashing.

2. Couple months ago I had an outbreak of Oral Herpes (cold Soar).

3. Few Years ago, I got an unprotected blow job from a girl. I got tested few months after that and few years after that and HIV test was negative.

4. Since HIV Test, I have not engaged in any intercourse or oral sex or any type of sex. I did the following:

i. Body Shower and Massage, No Handjob, they did touch genetal area during shower ii. Handjob by a prostitute iii. Handjob by a Massage Therapist iv. Handjob by Massage Therapist. v. Handjob in China Town vi. Handjob at the Massage Perlor

vii.Massage with no handjob, prostate massage

viii. Massage and handjob in chinatown

ix. Massage with Handjob, touched her titts. Did not touch niples (I think)

x. massage in Midtown, handjob with plastic, prostate massage. I touched her tits and leg. I also put my penis on her skin on the back side of the stomach.

I am very worried now. Do I have HIV? Can you please advice as soon as possible. thanks.

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. Unprotected oral sex carries a very low risk of HIV transmission; however, that you tested negative out to "a few years" after that episode would rule out even this minimal risk. The other activities you describe various massages, handjobs, etc. are not considered to be a risk for HIV.

Your recent upset stomach and related symptoms could have resulted from any of a vast number of medical conditions. The symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV.

Although I see no medical indication to do so, if you remain worried, get an HIV rapid test three months after your last potential exposure. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but it may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest. I'd also suggest you spend some time reviewing the information in the archives, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find the information very reassuring.

Thank you for your generous donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send you my good-luck/good-health karma!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Do I have HIV based on my story
safety of silicone lube questioned