went to buy bullets for the gun

I am not as eloquent as some of your writers.

I am now alone. I had a single instance of vaginal sex with a mexican prostitute. During the act the condom broke. I was probably inside her for 2-3 minutes post breakage. I ejaculated. I had a cut on my finger that may have had some contact with vaginal secretions. I left Mexico within 12 hours and within 18 hours I started combvidir(?) via urgent care physician. Saw another doctor after that and was presrcibed atripal(?) within 90 hours of the incident. I am marrried and have a son. I am terrified. I don't know if this is a question or just a note.

I literally went to purchase bullets for a gun that I have never fired but am trying to remain rational as I read the posts.

I am aware that the guilt and shame of what I have done is obviously clouding my judgment (and I know the Doctor has been HIV positive a very long time) but I don't think I can handle the anxiety. There are obviously other things wrong with me. I am really trying to figure out the odds of blowing my brain out this afternoon versus seeing an infectious disease specialist tomorrow.

With everything I have done and the other pressures in my life at the moment I may honestly be unable to wait for a reply (no drama - I've been to a psychiatrist as well- no lithium for me) but with all the posts and information I have been unable to figure out whether the chance of getting the virus is like having a key and trying to finding the correct room in a two room, ten room, ten thousand room, millionth room, et. hotel.

I don't know if I will be here to read the answer but maybe something that can put the risk in a real context would help some one (if not me).

Sorry for any typos - the drug makes me very drowsy.

Good by.

First off, if you are considering harming yourself or others, you should go immediately to the nearest emergency room. The psychiatrist on staff can help you "handle the anxiety."

Next, to help you with your room key and hotel size analogy, the estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected (or broken condom) insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of your south-of-the-border partner. Plus, you began PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) within 18 hours, which would even further reduce your statistical odds. In other words, the hotel would have been gigantic!

Hopefully this response will reach you in time to help prevent you from turning an indiscretion into a mistake of tragic consequences. Buying bullets for the gun is not the answer. In fact, it never is.

PLZ DOC I NEED UR HELP!!!
Can you contact HIV going down on a girl?