The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please answer i want to give donation

Jun 3, 2007

Hey bob i see youve answered so many peoples questions sio help me out eh bob. Anyway i had a 3 and a half month hiv test it came back negative before that i was experiencing some symptoms but after the negative test i put it aside. Now i am experiecing tingling in my feet ankles and hands and my feet get really cold sometimes and then it stopped for a couple weeks then came back i have been pretty stressed and thinking that i have hiv everyone else in my family thinks im nuts and need to see a psychologists i went to a chiropractor about the tingling cause i had a very stiff neck to and he found problems in my spinal cord he said related to those should i believe him bob or should i go for another hiv test my last exposure was 4 months ago and it was oral sex with someone that i have been with for 8 months help me bob and ill help you

Response from Dr. Frascino


You do not need another HIV test or a chiropractor. Both would be a waste of time and money in my opinion. By the way, has anyone ever been to a chiropractor who didn't find "problems in the spine???" Your 3.5 month negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive.

Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease or ARS. They are, however, quite suggestive of anxiety. I agree with your family: counseling may well help you confront and conquer your irrational HIV fears. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Dr. Bob

Hand Job

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint