Is CD4 and T4 the same thing?

Hello Dr. Bob. I was curious about something.

Is the white blood cell CD4 and the Thyroid hormone T4 the same thing?

The reason I'm asking is because I've had negative HIV tests out to 4 and 6 months. All of a sudden, I have developed a sever case of Hypothyroidism. It's severe enough that my doctor increased my meds from 25mcg to 175 mcg. I'm just wondering if my low T4 count is the same as having a low CD4 count. Thanks!

No. A CD4 cell (sometimes called a T4 helper cell) is a type of white blood cell with a specific receptor on it. These are the type of lymphocytes (white blood cells) that HIV can infect by attaching to the specific CD4 receptor. This has nothing to do with thyroid function tests.

T4 is a blood test that can help your doctor evaluate thyroid function. Free T4 is the active form of thyroxine, a reflection of thyroid hormone function.

Your HIV tests out to six months are negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your hypothyroidism has absolutely nothing to do with HIV disease or CD4 cell counts, OK?

DONATION IS IN THE MAIL...kiss of death??? NEED YOU PLEASE!!!
what's the difference between receptive and insertive oral