Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried for ages!!
Jun 1, 2007

I had oral sex with a guy about 14 years ago and he did not ejaculate. I am very well but have nodes i can feel in my neck and in my armpit. These have been present since i first checked them whilst studying for a nursing course and that was over 12 years ago. could these be related? I have no other associated risk factors. i was thinking they could have been down to my oversensitivity to allergies as i only have to stroke my skin and it comes up in urticarial wheels and this has been the case since i was young. I had loads of nasty throat infections when i was a boy but the nodes are not only those tonsillar ones. Help! am i too worried about my health?

ps where can i donate to your fund?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You're remembering and worrying about incomplete blowjobs 14 years ago??? Wow, I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission, particularly when there has been no ejaculation. The real question here, particularly to a health care professional, is why have you been "worried for ages" (14 years to be exact, but who's counting?) when you can get a simple definitive HIV test??? HIV rapid test results are available within 20 minutes!

Are you excessively worried about this ancient event? Absofrickinlutely! Lymph nodes can be prominent for a wide variety of reasons and HIV "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in determining who is and is not HIV infected. If you cannot stop perseverating on this nonexistent problem, get tested. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but that may be the quickest way for you to permanently put these unwarranted fears to rest.

By the way, the urticarial wheals (not "wheels") that appear when you stroke your skin represent a condition called dermatographia ("skin writing") and it is not related to allergies!

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOOing!

Be well. Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Bizarre but True - Not in Archives
Next
another one of those pro entertainer questions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.