Jun 1, 2007
My viral load is undectable and my T-cells are 1127. Can I transmit it to my parner?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, even with an undetectable viral load and high CD4 count, if you are HIV positive and have unsafe sex, it is possible to transmit the virus. Safer sex precautions are definitely warranted. It is true the risk of transmission is less if the viral load is suppressed to undetectable levels. However, the risk is not eliminated. Review the information in the archives.
Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Will A Cbc Count Tell If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.