The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

penis rash

Jun 1, 2007

Hi Bob

How r u feeling man? All power to you.

Had a genuine HIV scare couple of years back that freaked me out.

3 negative tests since in same facility up to 20 months - all negative.

Problem is I have had this bad penis rash for a year now. Its like red spots that just rock up under the surface of my penis head and disappear a couple of days later to be replaced by new ones. Bob somedays it can look really, really bad encompassing most of the penis head in a red spot rash.

Also had candidiasis in mouth and scrotum and boils under arms which isnt cool.

Bottom line - I am linking it to HIV and am genuinely concerned now for my wife.

Any ideas? Am I being irrational? Is this inline with HIV+ symptoms at the 2 year stage?

Look after yourself Bob.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Penis-Rash-Guy,

Your three negative HIV tests out to 20 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your ongoing concerns that your pimply-penis problem might be HIV related are unwarranted. I can't diagnose the cause of Mr. Happy's intermittent bad complexion, but I can with great certainty advise you what's not causing the problem. It's not HIV!

My advice is for you to show the rash to a dermatologist the next time it "rocks up!" The chances are great that this is an easily treatable condition.

Stay well. Don't worry.

Dr. Bob

Visa for HIV positive people.
AIDS awareness and abstinence-only (ABSTINENCE-ONLY SEX EDUCATION)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint