Pn (doesn't stand for pain in the nuts)

Dear Doc, I have been also having painful burning in my toes sometimes my whole foot. It usually only happens @ nite. Occasionally during the day. I was wondering if hiv is the only reason for PN seeing as I don't have diabeates and my thyroid is fine. My doctor is very ignorant when it comes to hiv. I was told hiv can lay dormant and sometimes doesn't show up in a test for 10 years! Which I was tested outside the 10 year window and was neg. When I looked up PN it said usually HIV/AIDS related. Is this true am I going to ahve to take back my whoo hoo?Was a rapid test not strong enough for my antibody to be detected? Not many people wait this long to test from what I can see so that is why I am curious. Please answer and I will vote democrate. Well even if you don't answer I have a feeling that's where my heart really lies anyway. L.O.L!! Thanks, A conservative family rebel....

Hello Future Democrat,

If your doctor is ignorant, it's time to find a more competent one.

Rapid tests are indeed "strong enough" to detect HIV, even if you test beyond the "10 year window." HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Painful burning toes can be caused by a variety of medical conditions other than the ones you mention. If this problem is bothering you, see a neurologist. They are the best specialists for evaluating the cause of pain. One thing is absolutely certain: HIV is not the cause! No need to give up your WOO-HOO! OK?

Can't Go on Like This - Please Answer!
PMMA