Risk Factor?

Recently I found out that a sexual partner I was with is HIV+. We had unprotected sex and he came inside of me. He is on meds, and has a viral load count of 'undetectable'. Is this one time exposure enough to have infected me?

Theoretically yes, absolutely. Unprotected sex with an HIV-positive partner is always a risk for HIV transmission, even if the partner is on meds and his last HIV plasma viral load was undetectable. Because you had a significant exposure, testing is recommended at the three-month mark and if negative, the CDC recommends an additional follow-up test at six months to confirm your negative status.

By now I'm sure you already realize this, but we should assume all our sexual partners could be HIV positive and take the necessary precautions to stay safe. That way there will be no unpleasant surprises if you find something out after the fact!

Why was I denied PEP?
URGENT Big Donation please read