HIV TEST taken @ 12 months from Exposer

Hello Dr Bob wish you was closer to me cause you can be my Dr , Anyway I seen this female dr she told me that hiv can take up two year before showing on test , I said I have talked two CDC and TheBody and she said I'm dr and I know what I'm talking about then she said I have to be tested up until 5 years from raped if that was case blood banks will be telling people hey donor's you cant roll your sleeve up until 5 years pass. LOL I talked to blood bank they laugh . I was donor during my 3 months period and had to stop cause of raped all of my tests are negative way past the window . what do think ? Thanks

Your doctor told you HIV can take up to two years before showing on a test??? Oh my. And she said you have to be tested up to five years after being raped???? WOWZA! So when you told her the experts at CDC and The Body disagreed with her recommendation, all she did was tell you "I'm the doctor and I know what I'm talking about!!!" Hmmm . . . .

My advice is simple:

1. If you've tested negative 12 months past your potential exposure, as the title of your post suggests, you are definitively HIV negative and no further HIV tests are warranted.

2. Your doctor is being unreasonable. She may be able to say "I'm the doctor and I know what I'm talking about . . ." but you can also say, "You may be the doctor but that doesn't automatically mean you know what you're talking about. Besides I'm the patient, which means I don't have to accept your opinion. So goodbye!" I would strongly suggest you find a more reasonable and competent physician!

I really respect your opinion and am powerfully anxious!
RASH induced by PI/Antiviral