HIV Transmission though burnt skin?

I have I question that is probably silly. I am a highschool teacher and a student of mine had an uncovered, relatively severe burn on his arm. While it wasn't over a large area, the burn was severe enough that a portion of the skin was bright pink (the student is an African American)and some was lightly scabbed over. I believe I may have accidently touched the open wound with the tip of my finger for no more than a second. Both the burn and my finger tip appeared to be dry, but I am not 100% sure there was no moisture. I had no cuts on my finger, but is it possible that if the student is HIV positive, the virus could have gotten under my finger nail? I also may have touched my eye a few minutes later. Please answer. I suffer from anxiety attacks, and fears like this, no matter how irrational can make me miserable. Thanks in advance and a donation will be on the way for all of the people whose fears you relieve.

Your HIV risk is nonexistent and it's a damn good thing, because if HIV were that easily transmissible, it would have wiped out the whole planet long ago.

Your anxiety attacks and "fears like this" must be uncomfortable and difficult to endure. Have you considered seeking professional help for this problem? Counseling and certain medications can be remarkably effective.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. Remember HIV is not your problem. Testing is not warranted.

Symptoms? I had em all.. Hope after all..
I really respect your opinion and am powerfully anxious!