GENUINE CONCERN FOR YOU

hi dr bob i am really impressed with the way you assist and address all the worried well round the globe and hiv pos folks as well.couple of months before i was really going through toughest time of my life ,being in the window period that forced me to write over to you and finally everything turned out pretty cool.and thats how i developed concern for you.if i am asked to make a wish ,that wish would ofcourse be you getting healed of hiv (miracle). bob,i really wanna know how you manage to keep youself going ,being an hiv+ for so many years.aren't you tired to taking same amount of medicines day in and day out.dont u experience any fatal side effects.i really appreciate your optimism and the manner in which you are giving courage to all the hiv positive people. you are an angel and a genius too.pls take some time to write me over.i will highly apprecaite. one of your lover

Hello "one of your lover,"

Thanks for your concern, kind comments and, of course, your wish (miracle).

How do I keep myself going? Hmmm . . . well, aside form the espressos, I would have to say it's my infatuation with life. I feel like I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet. Do I get tired of taking meds and dealing with side effects? Sure. However, I'm also cognizant that without them I wouldn't be here. That realization keeps everything in perspective and so you'll never catch me complaining. In a very real sense I'm living on borrowed time and I don't intend to waste a single second of it. I really don't picture myself as an angel or a genius. I'm just a guy who loves life and enjoys helping other people in whatever capacity I am able. I'll reprint a recent post from the archives that helps explain my attitude on being positive about being positive.

Stay well.

don't you get tired?? May 9, 2007

I just wanted to ask you Dr Bob, don't you get tired and just want to give in to HIV? How do you run a non - profit foundation, answer questions, play the piano, practice medicine, keep your education up to date, give to a relationship, travel o/s and battle HIV???

Are your drugs different to mine or are you just really positive about life?

From

Amazed!!

Hello Amazed,

Give in to HIV??? Not a chance! Perhaps pessimism just isn¡t in my DNA. Being positive about being positive is organic for me. It just feels natural. The following quotes help capture and explain how I choose to live my life.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." George Bernard Shaw

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is to have succeeded."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazed, I don¡t think our drugs are all that different. Perhaps it's just our perspective.

HIV-2
Is AIDS Our Biggest Health Threat?