May 11, 2007
Hi Dr Bob; Just a quick question. when is HIV testing for HIV-2 indicated?
Response from Dr. Frascino
The CDC recommends HIV-2 testing for:
1. natives of endemic areas (West African countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, So Tomé, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo plus two other African countries Angola and Mozambique
2. needle-sharing and sex partners of persons from an endemic area
3. sex partners or needle-sharing partners of persons with known HIV-2 infection
4. persons who received transfusions or nonsterile injections in endemic areas
5. children of women at risk for HIV-2 infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.