don't you get tired??

I just wanted to ask you Dr Bob, don't you get tired and just want to give in to HIV? How do you run a non - profit foundation, answer questions, play the piano, practice medicine, keep your education up to date, give to a relationship, travel o/s and battle HIV???

Are your drugs different to mine or are you just really positive about life?

From

Amazed!!

Hello Amazed,

Give in to HIV??? Not a chance! Perhaps pessimism just isn¡t in my DNA. Being positive about being positive is organic for me. It just feels natural. The following quotes help capture and explain how I choose to live my life.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." George Bernard Shaw

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is to have succeeded."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazed, I don¡t think our drugs are all that different. Perhaps it¡s just our perspective.

Physician bitten by HIV+ patient
Exposure to blood