Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DONATION-PLEASE READ MY STORY PLEASE
May 9, 2007

please help doctor

i`m a male 27 years old now ...i`v been in south africa i was in a risky exposure (condom tore) with a female partner and i dont know if shes HIV postive or Negative. thats was in 1/march/2002....after 2 weeks i got flu for 2-3 days..then i return to my home country arab world .and i was in a bad condtion just sitting and thinking all the time i didnt eat or do anything and i was afraid to test .. i was in a real bad condition then i start searching the web and see what hiv and syptoms and i start look all over my body for lymph nodes and touch it all the time and watching my self all the time i was so scared and my joints hurts (joints pain coming and go) ...in 20/6/2002 i got real bad sore throat so i deside to test...i went to the doctor and told him everything and he told me then if you afraid get tested..so i did that in 25/6/2002 in goverment labs (3rd world) so i tested after 16 week from last exposure and the test ELISA ( i dont know what kit or genration) they use here came NEGATIVE . and i showed my doctor he said you okay now ...i told him im gonna get married soon he reapeat it again dont worry you are OK. now im 5 years from last exposure i dont have any symptoms just my throat sore when i smoke too much while im thinkingand i dont eat good. and i went to hospital before 2 days to check my lymph nodes ULTRA SOUND and they doctor told me there is no swelling.GUYS PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME.

p.s i asked some man work in lab and he told me maybe you still have the virus cuz maybe the labs gave you wrong reults by mistakes...i dont want to get tested again cuz im married now and im afraid to kill my self

thanks for reading my story and im waiting ur help

ELISA (DONT KNOW WHAT GENRATION) IS IT ACCURATE IN 16 WEEK?

i dunno when i tested there was ARS but i had joint pain i think from stress and after the test i hade bad sore throat

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your negative test at 16 weeks is definitive. HIV is not your problem. Why are you still worrying about this five years after the incident?!? Even though your worries and fears are completely unwarranted, if you remain scared, then repeat your test! The result will undoubtedly be negative; however, this may be the most effective and efficient way to put your worries permanently to rest. If you have access to HIV rapid tests, they give accurate results in as few as 20 minutes!

That said, I must also tell you that from the information provided in your post, I do think your health is at serious risk; however, not from HIV, but rather from smoking! I urge you to stop. If you don't, there is a very good chance smoking will indeed kill you.

Good luck! Stay healthy. Stop smoking.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pattaya
Next
Non hiv aids (IDIOPATHIC CD4 LYMPHOCYTOPENIA) (ICL)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.