High Risk Guy Woohooing

Hey Doc, Today I am passing a milestone. One year ago, I had my HIV test...it was negative (at 32 weeks). However, after the test, I plunged into worried-well hell. I visited this site and hundreds of others daily. I wrote you two or three times - you graciously answered. I wrote other forums, I talked to my doctor, I visited the ASO in our area ten times or more. I called hotlines. Finally...and alot of it is due to you...I began to feel the ice break, and I began to accept that maybe, just maybe, I was truly HIV negative.

I believe my foray into worried-well hell was due to my willingness to believe all the bullshit on the internet that passes as "final truth" about HIV. Kind of like my high risk experience, I got butt-plugged without protection.

My counsel to anyone who is worried about it is this...get tested at a reputable clinic. That is the only truth. Don't search around on the internet. Leave it alone. Visit "The Body"...and that's all. (Maybe "aidsmeds.com" - they reflect your own balance in trusting the science). Stuff out there is unfiltered, untested, old, whatever. Stay away. Trust the ASO (and my counsel...go to an ASO, where people know HIV and AIDS - my own physician, while a nice guy, was clueless about testing and CDC guidelines).

Today, I am woohooing. No - I am WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOING!!! You helped me get there, doc! Blessings on you from whatever Mystery is out there to make our lives beautiful. You have told so many others...including me...but be well, bro!! Nothing personal, but I won't be back to this site! WOOOHOOOO!!!

WOO-de-fricking-HOO! It's about time! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and your newfound insights. But before you go, I do have a request: don't forget what you've learned from this experience and "pay it forward" each and every chance you get, OK?

Stay well!

Isn't this safe?
Time to stop stressing