Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is sock-sex sangerous?
May 5, 2007

Hello,

I just found my boyfriend's sock and it had cum in it. Is that wierd or what? I think he may have used it more than once since it was last laundered. Is he in danger of getting an STD?

Worried Gal

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Gal,

That your boyfriend used a sock is really not all that uncommon. See below! My assessment of his HIV/STD risk is nonexistent. Even if he uses it several times between trips to the "Sit and Spin" Laundromat, he still is not at risk. He can't give himself an STD that he doesn't already have! Frevinsakes!

Dr. Bob

How long could HIV survive on clothing? Jun 26, 2006

Ok heres what happened. I brought my girlfriend back to my dorm room and we had sex. I didn't have any condoms, but we didn't care but she told me to pull out. Now i had just changed my sheets so, in a moment of panic i reached for anything close by, a sock happened to be in the drawer of my nightstand. So i put "mini me" in the to catch my semen. So, i finshed and cleaned up with the sock. Then much to my horror i then discovered that it wasn't my sock! It was my roommates "Special Sock" My room mate isn't exactly the "cleanest" person he's had alot of partners, and thats what really worries me.

So now i'm freakin' out. I can't even remember if the sock was damp or just dry.

So my Question is again,

how long HIV/Aids survive on a sock?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are worried about spunking into your roommate's "special sock"???? I'm not sure which is more remarkable: that your roommate actually has a "special sock" or that you managed to find it and squirt it full of baby batter all because you wanted to protect your recently changed sheets. Exactly how did your stud-muffin roommate's "special sock" wind up in your nightstand and how infrequently do you change your sheets??? Oh never mind. HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body. And in an environment as undesirable as your roomy's "special sock", I'll bet even HIV would commit hari-kari as soon as it realized where it was.

I'd set your HIV risk factor at nonexistent; however, I'd set your "icky, unappetizing things to do with your mini me" factor off the charges.

Stay well. Buy some condoms!

Dr. Bob

Previous
MASTRUBATION
Next
What to get pregnant.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.