|Donating blood and Lexapro
Apr 30, 2007
Hey Dr. Bob,
I recently tested negative for hiv 18 months after I had unprotected sex with 2 girls in college. I thought I was fine so I went and donated blood. When I had donated blood it was 3 years after this exposure, I was taking Lexapro for about a year. Now I am afraid to donate blood again, b/c I am afraid I might have HIV and both tests were false negative b/c of the Lexapro.
1) Would Lexapro in any way affect hiv test results?
Thanks for everything!!!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Person With HIV Take Lexapro?
- I Have Hiv Can I Take Lexapro
- Anal Warts After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.