sperm is like breast milk

"astronomically in your favor", "1 in 10,000", "negligible", and etc...

These comments must also apply for all the infants who are orally ingesting HIV infected breast milk. I have not seen any threads on this subject, or if there is, so few that I must have missed it.

Please educate us (all readers) on this subject. If receptive oral got HIV+ sperm/precum in the mouth and the risk is "very, very low", then shouldn't it be the same odds and stats for that infant and the HIV+ breast milk? From what I was told breast milk is a MAJOR means of mother to infant transmission, outside of canal birth.

If you could elaborate it would be greatly appreciated, since there are not many threads to compile and come to a good understanding.

motu

Hello Motu,

No, sperm is not at all like breast milk!!! Infants ingesting breast milk from an HIV-positive mother and adults getting ejaculate or precum in their mouths from an HIV-positive partner are very different situations on many levels. And their statistical HIV risks are not comparable. The old "apples to oranges" analogy would apply.

First off, breast milk and ejaculate are two very different substances. Next, boobs and dicks are also very different delivery systems. Next, breastfeeding infants ingest only breast milk. It's their entire diet. Most adults don't get all their nutrition from ingesting spooge. Next, an infant's immune system is immature and therefore cannot fight off infection as well as a mature adult's can. These are just a few of the differences that explain why you can't equate these two modes of transmission, OK?

7 years of Pins and Needles
Bango String