|Please answer a female
Apr 27, 2007
Dear Dr. Bob,
You are amazing! My question is this. I had an exposure. The guy i was dating had "put it in" for a few seconds without a condom. I had gotten tested 5 months later and came back positive for an std that was cureable. My hiv came back negative. My question is do i have to get tested again since it wasnt six months it was only five?
Thank you for your help dr bob!!!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I would consider your five-month test to be definitive and conclusive. Your story demonstrates the fact that many STDs are much more easily contracted than HIV (thankfully!).
Stay safe and you'll stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.