Please answer a female

Dear Dr. Bob,

You are amazing! My question is this. I had an exposure. The guy i was dating had "put it in" for a few seconds without a condom. I had gotten tested 5 months later and came back positive for an std that was cureable. My hiv came back negative. My question is do i have to get tested again since it wasnt six months it was only five?

Thank you for your help dr bob!!!!

I would consider your five-month test to be definitive and conclusive. Your story demonstrates the fact that many STDs are much more easily contracted than HIV (thankfully!).

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Worried, finger, special circumstances
If you only read one today, please let it be mine.