The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

E-slap & kick needed

Apr 27, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob: (please be aware I am not a native English writer)

I was lucky enough and you picked my question among hundreds (thousands?) and replied a "No way, no how" on December 27, regarding some symptoms, fear and anxiety.

I am a fully grown, married man, with 2 children, that need an e-slap in order to go and get tested.

Just when I decided to get the test, I am feeling sharp pain in the armpits and groin area, so intense that some nights I can not even sleep.

I am an engineer who believes in cause-effect and scientific data, and I really doubt my mind is doing this to me.

That is why I return, again, to you.

Thank you for your time, thank you for being there.


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Gene,

"SLAP!!!" There. Do you feel better now???

Sharp pains in the armpits and groin??? These are not even suggestive of or worrisome for HIV. Frevinsakes! Perhaps you need more than an E-slap! Turn off the computer now and go get tested immediately or I'll give you a swift kick in the ass! What are you still doing reading this? I said turn off the computer now! Don't make me come over there, Gene!

I'll be waiting to hear your WOO-HOO. A rapid test only takes 20 minutes, so get going. I'm waiting! I'll even send you my good-luck karma (although in reality I doubt you need it).

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

SIX YEARS, and now a big WOOHOO
Donations for your organization! - NYC bike tour

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint