Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SIX YEARS, and now a big WOOHOO
Apr 27, 2007

Dr. Bob, i just wanted to express my thanks to you and a message to the worried wells out there. i have lost 6 years of my life worrying about hiv. i have battled alcoholism and depression. i have lost relationships, failed out of school, and spent countless hours researching ARS symptoms on this stupid computer. i have found myself a 26 year old with no money, and no life for that matter. After six years, i just went and tested negative. i feel embarrassed and a little crazy about this whole thing. i can't believe how out of hand this whole obsession got. i have been living with hiv for so long, and i didn't even have it. if there is one thing i can say to anyone reading this and obsessing like i have, stop now, get a test. symptoms truly mean NOTHING (believe me, they really do not). the test was free, and regardless of your symptoms or even your risk for that matter, you will be most likely negative. you will not find out your status on this website, or any other for that matter. i will never get these years back, but i can finally say, HIV IS NOT MY PROBLEM, NO HOW NO WAY, and WOOHOO. i will keep you in my heart always dr. bob, but i am so happy to say, i am retiring from the safe sex and prevention forum. its time to get help for what is really wrong with me, and finish college for crying out loud! Thanks again, you are amazing.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

WOO-HOO! Thanks for taking the time to write in. I truly hope your story will help inspire others trapped in their personal self-induced worried-well hells to get tested. As Mark Twain once said, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can you give me your thoughts - entering a Mag Relationship and falling in love
Next
E-slap & kick needed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.