Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

got through a year in iraq and now im tryin to get through this.
Apr 26, 2007

hey dr. bob. ive been reading your forum for awhile now and i think your a pretty cool dude.i was in the military for 3 years i went to iraq for a year on a deployment. when me and my unit got back to germany from our deployment , i kinda got alittle crazy. i went to amsterdam and got drunk and had protected sex with one of the sex workers at the red light district beforei thought about what i was doing i stuck mr.willy in. but i wasnt even in her for more the 45 seconds.went i was reassigned to ft riley in kansas i didnt think anything of it until i meant my girl friend. i meant her in kansas while she was visiting some friends, she lives in VA. the first time i went to go visit her all we we did was make out. i had a canker sore from eatin to many sweets and i believe it mite have been bleading alittle. when i flew back to kansas her lymph nodes along her jaw line and under her chin swelled up. thats when i started freaking out. so i got tested at 4 months from the time of whole amterdam incident. the test came back negative. then i got tested at 5, 6,7, and a week and a half from the 8 month mark. they all came back negative. then i had her get tested just so i could attemp to regain some peace of mind. her test came back negative. and that was 4 in a half months from the first time i saw her and made out with her. i guess i just need you to virtually bopp me beside the head and call me a dumbass and tell me my worries arent warranted. i mean what are the chances of us both being late seroconverters right?do you think i need to see somebody to talk to? is this overly excessive? thank your so much dr.bob take care and god bless.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Per your explicit instructions: OK, "dumbass," consider yourself well and truly "bopped," because "your worries aren't warranted."

Gosh, I don't think anyone has ever God-blessed me before for calling him a dumbass!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
testing for hiv worried sick
Next
Small Donation, Endless thanky yous

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.