The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried can't sleep 2 times asking

Apr 26, 2007

Hello again Dr Bob Last week i protected vaginal sex with a sex worker in new orleans and stuck my fingers in her vagina condum did't appear to broken what are risks i know from reading your your responce to other questions that i will have to wait 3 months to tested if i read right you said prc -dna test would be a waist of blood and money and time i am very nervous because my passed away from hiv complications,

I just made a online donation to your site.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Protected vaginal sex and finger play are not considered to be significant HIV risks, if the latex condom was used properly and didn't break and if the skin on your finger is intact.

Your understanding about HIV testing is correct. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. PCR testing is not approved for routine screening. It is not recommended, due to the rate of false-positive results, certain technical considerations and cost.

Try not to be nervous. Your HIV risk is negligible at best. Wait the three months for an accurate and definitive HIV test and be prepared to WOO-HOO like a banshee in heat.

Thanks for your donation. I'll send my good-luck karma in return, OK?

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

I will give you 50 cool points

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint