Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

I will give you 50 cool points

Hello doc I have written you a few times (did not get a response I assume you are pretty busy) I will shorten the question Is there any possibility that someone could have a foratm of hiv that does not show on standard testing. I only ask because my family and I have been struggling to figure out what is wrong with us I have had oral thrush for over a year (that does not respond to treatment including IV drugs)psoriasis, oral sores, fatigue, night sweats, mew freckles and moles, swollen glands, and extreme tooth decay I have had many tests diagnosed CFIDS but I do not believe this because CFIDS is not contagious and my family is affected I have had a years worth of antibody tests all negative 2 viral load tests one at 6 months one at one year and one NAT test about 8 months all negative had high eosiniph almost double what they should be, low sed rate, high wbc, high calcium, high blood sugar border line diabetic what could be going on do you belive in CFIDS I got the feeling you did not oh by the way my cd4 was 1560 about 2 months into this, and 1530 about a year later (sorry question got long again) please help us out. no need to compliment you because you already know how cool you are.

Let's start with the facts. "Years worth of antibody tests," 2 viral load tests out to 1 year and 1 NAT at 8 months, all of which are negative, conclusively and definitively confirm that HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Is there a type of HIV that would not show up on all these assays? Nope! If you had it, it would definitely be detectable.

If indeed you are having multiple symptoms and no cause has been identified, I'd recommend you seek a second evaluation at a respected medical center, preferably one that has a medical school associated with it. These institutions are best for evaluating confusing or complex issues. CFIDS along with chronic candidiasis are two of the most over-diagnosed conditions I know. The vast majority of folks who think they have these conditions or have been told they have these conditions in reality don't! Your low sed rate (which is normal, by the way) and normal CD4 counts give a fairly good picture that your immune system is most likely in good shape and that you do not have a major inflammatory process going on. If, after a thorough evaluation, no physical cause can be determined for your myriad complaints, you should consider psychosomatic illness.

Stop worrying about and chasing after an illness you could not possibly have.

It's canuck fan again.
Worried can't sleep 2 times asking