It's canuck fan again.

Hey doctor Bob, Im not sure if In my previous posts I was specific enough about my exposure. While in Thailand, After drinking way too much on malaria medication, I ended up having sex with a girl and the condom broke. The girl wasn't a sex worker, but as far as I know shes had many sex partners, and didn't want to use a condom at one point, which scared me because it made me think maybe she didn't with these other guys. Anyways, I tested negative at 1, 2, 3, and 5 months. I can feel nodes in my neck, groin, and armpit which have been there for months now. Do I need to retest at 6 months? Do you recommend re-testing at 6 months when the possible exposure was in a high risk country? Please let me know I really want to move on with my life.

Hello Canuck-Fan,

Yes, your previous posts were indeed specific enough. My assessment of your risk and advice remain completely unchanged. So now you've spoken with Dr. Steve a few times and I've answered several of your questions and the answer is always, always, always exactly the same.

HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further tests are warranted. If you ask us another dozen times, I can assure you our answer will not change.

If you want to take a six-month test, that option is always open to you. The results will undoubtedly be negative, OK?

If you "really want to move on with (your) life," that's exactly what you should do. In fact, you should have moved on quite some time ago!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

good one
I will give you 50 cool points