Insertive Fellation with a TV

Dr. Bob,

First of all let me say how much I admire what you do for everyone! Your knowledge and insight not only educates the public but gives some sense of reality to everything. I usually consider myself a non-worrier :-) but I had my first experience with a Trans Vestite (if I spelled it right) last night and I am a bit worried. I had unprotected insertive fellatio (he sucked me) but he did not have any bleeding gums, etc. and then I had PROTECTED (big time) insertive anal sex and some light kissing. I know kissing and the protected insertive anal sex is OK but what about unprotected insertive fellatio? Should I be worried? Should I get tested or is this more a symptom of my guilt? I donate regularly to your foundation and believe in it. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Humbly, Mr. Worried-a-bit :-)

Hello Mr. Worried-A-Bit,

I must say I was more than a bit curious when reading the title of your question "Insertive fellatio with TV." Hmmm . . . I wondered how you could have oral sex with a television. But considering a previous questioner had insertive sex with a TV remote control (see below), I thought well, perhaps . . . . Just for the record, transvestite is all one word, rather than Trans Vestite. So on to your question: should you be worried about unprotected insertive TV fellatio? Insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission, whether it's TV, radio, iPod or even a Republican. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, because we don't know the HIV status of your TV. I would agree most of your concern is generated by guilt. If, however, you remain concerned, get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark to put your fears permanently to rest. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your contributions! They are warmly appreciated!

Be well. Stay well.

Insertive Mastebation and HIV Mar 19, 2007

Hi well I did Insertive mastebation with a television converter.I have had symptoms of an STD but i have never had oral, vaginal or anal sex. I have only done insertive masterbation. Does this mean I could have HIV??

A television converter??? So you wanted to be able to masturbate in both analog and digital formats?? I'm almost afraid to ask where you stuck the remote control! Listen up, sweetie, television converters, although battery operated and perhaps conveniently shaped, are, in reality, not dildos and are not designed for use in your personal "home entertainment center" (so to speak), but rather they are to be used with the other home entertainment center the one you bought at Circuit City!

Next, if you've never had oral, vaginal or anal sex, how could you possibly wonder if you have HIV??? Do you think your television converter is cheating on you??? I strongly suggest you spend some time reading through the archives and related links pertaining to sex, safer sex and HIV transmission. It appears you have much to learn. You may also need to call the TV repairman if your converter is no longer functioning.

Detect antibodies after 22 months?
How do you first tell your partner your status?