WOO-HOO

Hi Dr Bob, Just a note of thanks and appreciation for the essential work that you and your colleagues undertake with dedication and professionalism.

I have spent the last 18months - can you believe it 18 months -full of anxiety , fear and stress following a series of low risk (oral) exposures with sex workers. I read your words carefully, understood the low to negligible risk but still managed to suffer terrible anxiety. I realised that the only way to put this behind me and move on with my life was to take the test which I did and today I got the results - going for that result was hard but living with uncertainty is harder. I got an all clear for HIV, Hep B and HEP C so a huge WOO-HOO x 3 and a genuine thanks to you. You are doing a great job and I pledge to support your work by means of donation. You come across as a heck of a warm, friendly, caring and humorous human being. Take care and keep up the good work.

To anyone who can identify with my fears - take the test , please. All the anxiety and fear is simply not worth it.Life really is too short...treasure every day and don't fill it with needless worry.

Kev

Hi Kev,

Thanks for your kind comments! WOO-HOO! Excellent news on winning the Trifecta (negative HIV, hep B and hep C). I appreciate your taking the time to write in and share your story and newfound insights. Thanks also for your willingness to help others who weren't so fortunate in dodging the HIV or hepatitis bullet. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Be well. Stay well. I'm sure you will.

Doctor Please help me unprotected oral sex UK
Detect antibodies after 22 months?