Need some clarification

Hi Dr Bob, I just wanna say I think your forum is truly inspirational and also that your use of humour in the topics on this forum is brilliant! Anyway, I'm quite young and not very sexually experienced. I also come from a wonderful, loving family, but a family that rarely spoke openly about sex when I was growing up. I think soem of my fears right now are becuase of this lack of expereience/knowledge. Recently I did a stupid thing. I went out and got drunk with some friends and foolishly I ended up in a massage parlour. I ahd protected sex with a girl, but I was nervous because I manually stimulated her with my fingers, although not for very long and I didn't penetrate the girl with my fingers. I'm a bit worried becuase I don't know much about HIV transmission in this way and i am also scared that I may have touched my mouth / licked my fingers after touching the girls intimate areas. Am I at risk?

Lack of accurate information about sex, including STD prevention, can indeed lead to fears, guilt and, at times, disastrous (but easily avoidable) consequences, including unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted illnesses (HIV, etc.).

Luckily, in your situation your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming that skin on your fingers was intact and the latex condom was used properly and didn't break. If you remain worried or feel that you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get an HIV test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be conclusive. Finally, I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links, paying particular attention to HIV-transmission risk and HIV-prevention techniques.

Get informed. Stay safe and you'll stay well.

comment on : It's hard to believe your statistics!! (HIV STATISTICS)
Where do I donate HIV help worry everyday!!!