For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

transmission through cut on hand...

Hey, I was recently at a party, and a friend of mine (unknown HIV status) opened a bottle of wine. He cut his finger while opening the bottle, and it was bleeding. I'm not sure if any blood got into the wine. I have been panicking since then and really need an answer. If any blood did get into the bottle, what is the likelihood that someone drinking the wine could be infected? If blood that goes into a beverage which is then consumed, is transmission possible this way? Please help. I have become stressed/depressed thinking about this. Thanks so much.

Relax, Max! I see absolutely no reason for you to be "stressed/depressed" or even minimally concerned. Your HIV risk from the episode you describe is completely nonexistent, OK? So chill out and stop worrying! Why not have another glass of wine?

Big Risk? I don't think so sweetie
comment on : It's hard to believe your statistics!! (HIV STATISTICS)