transmission through cut on hand...
Apr 25, 2007
Hey, I was recently at a party, and a friend of mine (unknown HIV status) opened a bottle of wine. He cut his finger while opening the bottle, and it was bleeding. I'm not sure if any blood got into the wine. I have been panicking since then and really need an answer. If any blood did get into the bottle, what is the likelihood that someone drinking the wine could be infected? If blood that goes into a beverage which is then consumed, is transmission possible this way? Please help. I have become stressed/depressed thinking about this. Thanks so much.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Relax, Max! I see absolutely no reason for you to be "stressed/depressed" or even minimally concerned. Your HIV risk from the episode you describe is completely nonexistent, OK? So chill out and stop worrying! Why not have another glass of wine?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.