Its still there

Hi Bob

Hows it going big man.

OK, short and sweet. British male living overseas, had drunken hetrosexual encounter with Thai Prostitute where condom burst. Had ALL symptoms in first 3 months. Negative tests in UK at 4, 9 and 20 months.

Negative right - not an issue. Problem is I keep getting physical symptoms and its like I JUST KNOW I have HIV and the test centre has made an error.

Before you discard me as a nut I have had the following longterm problems during the last 18 months.

Candidsis in mouth and bad rash on head of penis for over a year - still there every day and pretty bad. Constant muscle twitching in main muscles. Regular inflamed armpits and boils down the sides of my body.

Bob I was a healthy young guy until this happened and my body is going down more and more downhill by the month.

Its gone on so long I think I am suffering from severe depression but hiding it very well from my family, friends and work.

I cant think of anything else that could cause such symptoms and the timing of it all is uncanny.

Your input is genuinely appreciated. You are a good man.

Hi Brit-Guy,

You "JUST KNOW" you have HIV and I JUST KNOW you don't!!! However, I do agree with your other diagnosis ". . . I am suffering form severe depression . . . ." I strongly encourage you to seek the help of a counselor (psychiatrist or psychologist) to help you confront and conquer your guilt, anxiety, depression and irrational HIV fears.

Regarding your negative HIV tests out to 20 months, they are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how! As for the test center making an error, the chances are remote for a single technical or clerical error. The chance they made three separate errors on all three of your specimens is nonexistent.

It's time to stop chasing after and worrying about an illness you could not possibly have. Bring a copy of this post and my response to your first visit with your therapist and discuss it with him or her. It will help focus your treatment.

Good luck. Remember HIV is not your problem!

thank you
Big Risk? I don't think so sweetie